Sunday, March 18, 2012

9x12 watercolor - Bath in a Bucket

I just finished another painting for my watercolor class. The challenge was to create a glowing effect by painting with pure colors (yellow, magenta, cyan blue). I also wanted this painting to be pretty high key, and I decided to leave the edges of the hair fairly undefined. I kind of like the effect.  

Bath in a Bucket
The picture I painted from was an old photograph of little 3-year-old Me, taking a bath in a bucket when we lived in India. Did you know that I lived in India for a while when I was little?

Detail view - I still need to tweak the eyes a little.
I learned so much in my class. I am sad that it is over, but the next one begins in just 3 weeks! In the course of the next class session I want to combine the painting techniques that I learned with my black pen illustration style...

No comments:

Post a Comment