Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Custom 5x7 - Cutest hand dimple EVER!

I am aaaaaalmost done painting Jill's custom 5x7 painting of her daughter. I thought you'd like to see a sneak peek...

Can you believe the cuteness of her hand-dimple?!
Today was also the first day of my watercolor class. This is an evening adult education class through the Community College, and let me tell you folks, they weren't kidding around when they told us to come prepared to jump right in.
Most of the men and women in the class have children and/or grand-children my age, and more than half of them were working on FANTASTIC and very LARGE paintings. I felt like a tiny ant with my comparatively tiny illustrations... however, once I got over the initial shock of how good everyone was/is, the class was a lot of fun. I feel like I am actually going to LEARN something. The instructor gave helpful hints and critiques... I caught myself bristling a little at first, but then reminded myself that he knows what he is doing - I've seen his paintings, and they are a lot better than mine!
I'm trying to step outside of my comfort zone and will try new things (instead of answering with "you want me put red AND blue THERE?! both at once? and let them swim together??! EEEK!" which is what I wanted to say really badly. This is going to be fun! I will be posting some progress pics of the paintings I work on for the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment